Total: 50 artefacts returned over 2 pages
| Iron Age and Roman evidence in Quorn|
During the summer of 2023, archaeologists excavated an area near the end of Flesh Hovel ...... cont.
| Condemned to Death for Sheep Stealing, 1828|
On 9th August 1828 the Leicester Chronicle reported that William Rudkin aged 47, his son ...... cont.
| Quorn Lodge Farm, 1952|
The author of the following piece which appeared in the press in 1952, is describing a ...... cont.
| H.M.S QUORN Bell – Quorn Community Library|
Originating in the Royal Navy, it is a custom to baptise a child under the ship's bell; ...... cont.
| The Moss family in Quorn and Quorn Fields/Lodge Farm|
The milk bottle below was dug up from an old tip in Quorn and dates from the 1920s. It is ...... cont.
| Stafford Orchard Park, Quorn - Over 100 years as a recreation ground|
The Stafford Orchard is often described as Quorn’s ‘Jewel in the Crown’. Its origins are ...... cont.
| Tragedy at a Quorn bus stop, 1966|
Dennis Marchant, with the help of the Loughborough Echo and the Quorn Parish Council ...... cont.
| John Davys Cradock 1845 - 1921|
John Davys Cradock was born in Woodhouse in 1845 but by 1851 the family had moved to ...... cont.
| Quorn Rawlins Grammar School panoramic photograph, 1965|
This 'whole school' photograph was taken at Rawlins School in 1965, when it was an all ...... cont.
| W E Cooke - In Buddon Wood, Quorndon|
This picture, 'In Buddon Wood, Quorndon', from the 1890s, was scanned from an original ...... cont.
| High Street, Quorn, 1920s|
Looking down High Street towards Quorn Cross in the 1920s.
The area on the left was ...... cont.
| Quorn Hall Lodge, off Meynell Road, early 1900s|
There are two former lodges to Quorn Hall and this one is situated off Meynell Road. ...... cont.
| Hugh Cecil Lowther, 5th Earl of Lonsdale, Master of the Quorn Hunt, 1893-1898|
Passing the Farley Way, Loughborough Road junction in Quorn one can hardly help but ...... cont.
| A Tribute to the American Paratroopers of the 82nd Airborne, 3rd May 1952|
Quorn Local History Group encourage members to take on projects and to research areas of ...... cont.
| Floods in Soar Road, Quorn|
The first of these two photographs was taken in 1979 after the River Soar had flooded ...... cont.
| 1798 Tax Records - Quorndon and Welliss [Wellasses]|
This record from 1798, in the reign of George III is headed:
“County of Leicester Parish ...... cont.
| Obituary for Murray Rumsey from Quorn, 1963|
Murray Rumsey came to Quorn in 1910 and settled here, close to his brother, Rev Henry ...... cont.
| US 82nd Airborne 505th Division Company B|
Company B of the US 82nd Airborne 505th Division taken at Fort Bragg, North Carolina in ...... cont.
| Cutlery from the Bull’s Head, Quorn, 1930s|
Up until 1939 the ‘Bull’s Head’ in Quorn was located at what is now 18 High Street (see ...... cont.
| Child drowned at Quorn, 1903|
Leicester Chronicle, Saturday 25th April 1903
CHILD DROWNED AT QUORN
On Monday ...... cont.
| Buddon Wood, Quorn, Trig Point, 1950s|
Before 1974, Buddon Wood in the south of Quorn Parish, off Wood Lane, was beautiful ...... cont.
| The Little Green, Quorn – Then and Now|
Although the old postcard (about 1910) is entitled ‘Cross Brook, Quorn’, the stream is ...... cont.
| Quorndon Coronation Variety Concert, February 1953|
Although Queen Elizabeth’s coronation didn’t take place until 2nd June 1953, Quorn was ...... cont.
| The Quornian, Rawlins School Magazine, July 1950, Vol 5 No 2|
Thomas Rawlins Grammar School opened in Quorn in 1892. In 1906 they launched their first ...... cont.
| Postcard of Quorn St Bartholomew’s Church, pre 1910|
This is a slightly unusual view of the Church and shows five boys standing among the ...... cont.