In 2010 Quorn had seven pubs, but a greater
number existed in previous years. This section includes historical
descriptions, photographs and illustrations of existing pubs and also
buildings which have disappeared (King William IV) or are now used
for other purposes (Pig and Whistle).
Total: 151 artefacts returned over 4 pages
| Bull in the Hollow/Needless Inn|
The Bull in the Hollow is a well-known landmark, standing as it does on the main road ...... cont.
| King William IVth pub, Leicester Road, 1930s|
A rare coloured photograph of the King William IVth pub, which stood on Leicester Road, ...... cont.
| Manor House Hotel, Quorn|
The Manor House Hotel on Woodhouse Road opposite the railway station, was built for the ...... cont.
| The Mill House pub, Quorn, ladies darts team, October 1947|
Loughborough Echo, Friday, 17th October 1947
The Mill House pub was on Leicester Road, ...... cont.
| King William lVth pub, Leicester Road, Quorn|
The King William lVth was an old thatched pub that stood where the Quorn Country Hotel is ...... cont.
| Tower at the side of the Quorndon Fox|
In the back garden of the building that is now the Quorndon Fox, on the north-west ...... cont.
| Royal Oak, Quorn in the floods, early 1930s|
This photograph was taken in the floods at Quorn Cross/Meeting Street, by the Royal Oak ...... cont.
| High Street, Quorn in the 1950s|
Two photographs of High Street, Quorn, looking towards Quorn Cross, in the 1950s, showing ...... cont.
| Deer roaming around the White Horse in Quorn! 1988|
During road works near the White Horse pub in Quorn in 1988, ancient deer bones were ...... cont.
| Leicester City Football Club at Quorn – well nearly!|
Leicester City Football Club were formed in 1884 and were initially known as Leicester ...... cont.
| Floods around the White Horse pub, Quorn, 1986|
The first photograph was taken during the floods of 1986, looking up Meeting Street, ...... cont.
| Floods on Station Road, probably 1947|
The gabled building behind the lorry is the White Horse pub, on the corner of Station ...... cont.
| Quorn Cross, late 1930s|
Quorn Cross looking towards the Loughborough direction, showing the Royal Oak on the left ...... cont.
| The Royal Oak, Quorn Cross|
The Royal Oak pub is a familiar landmark on Quorn Cross. This photograph is difficult to ...... cont.
| The White Horse, Quorn – A surprise visitor in March 1982!|
A lorry from Bakewell in Derbyshire, made an unscheduled stop at the White Horse in Quorn ...... cont.
| The Mill House Inn, Leicester Road, Quorn, early 1900s|
To the left of the archway is the Mill House Inn, which at this time was run by Silas ...... cont.
| Quorn Cross, the Royal Oak and the White Horse, early 1940s|
This photograph from the late 1930s or early 1940s, is taken from Quorn Cross, looking up ...... cont.
| The White Horse, Quorn Cross, early 1940s|
This photograph from the late 1930s or early 1940s, shows Quorn Cross with the White ...... cont.
| Presentation at the White Horse to Mr and Mrs Hincks|
Mr and Mrs Hincks were the landlord and landlady of the White Horse pub in the 1940s and ...... cont.
| The Chequers Inn, 1980s|
The Chequers Inn, formally the Hurst, on Loughborough Road in Quorn, used to be a lively ...... cont.
| Manor House Hotel, early 1900s|
The photograph for this postcard was taken in the early 1900s. Unfortunately this scan is ...... cont.
| Blacksmith’s Arms, Quorn|
This photograph was taken from a Christmas card sent by Harold & Pat Cox, the landlords ...... cont.
| Quorn Charities Darts League – programme 6th June 1980|
The various pubs and clubs in Quorn had many darts players and they played in the Quorn ...... cont.
| Quorn Publican found drowned - 1926|
Loughborough Echo - 24th December 1926
Quorn Publican found drowned.
A woman ...... cont.
| Quorn Charities Darts - Beardsley new gift. 1963|
Loughborough Monitor - 25th January 1963
The officials of the Quorn Charities Darts ...... cont.
| Quorn High Street - The White Hart and Banks cottages|
This photograph is taken looking down High Street towards Quorn Cross in the 1960s. The ...... cont.
| Mill House Inn, Leicester Road during floods in the 1920s|
The Mill House Inn used to be on Leicester Road, abutting what are now Wright's factory ...... cont.
| The Hurst - 1975|
The Hurst (now the Chequers chinese restaurant) was a popular haunt for young people in ...... cont.
| Bull's Head - 1955|
This attractive view of the Bull's Head (now the Quorndon Fox) comes from the Leicester ...... cont.
| Matchbox from the Pig and Whistle Pub|
The Pig and Whistle was a pub on Station Road in Quorn. It is now a residential house (no ...... cont.
| Leicester Road, King William IVth/Quorn Country Hotel - then and now|
The King William IVth pub on Leicester Road was one of the oldest pubs in Quorn. The ...... cont.
| Alleged attempted suicide at Quorn - 1897|
A very sad tale - resulting in a custodial sentence.
Loughborough Herald - 28th ...... cont.
| Quorn Angling Society - 1872|
Loughborough Advertiser - 24th October 1872
A special meeting of the members of this ...... cont.
| Inn to be sold at auction - 1828|
This classified advert from 1828 offers us an insight as to the large business concern ...... cont.
| Lounge of the Old Bull's Head - 1955|
From The Leicester Graphic 1955 a photo of the bar and lounge at the the Old Bull's Head, ...... cont.
| A presentation by Murray Rumsey to Miss Good at the Bull's Head|
This photograph looks as if it was taken in the 1950s. It shows Murray Rumsey presenting ...... cont.
| America wants|
Loughborough Echo 25th February 1938
The Famous Leicestershire inn, “King William the ...... cont.
| Picturesque local inn to go - Road widening scheme|
Loughborough Echo 7th January 1938
One of Leicestershire’s oldest landmarks, the ...... cont.
| Death of Mr J. A. Hayward. 1922|
Loughborough Monitor and Herald - January 19th 1922
Death of Mr J. A. Hayward
A ...... cont.
| Quorn Charities Darts League - 1963|
Loughborough Monitor - 26th April 1963
The finalists and semi-finalists of Quorn ...... cont.
| Police Court – Charges against a Quorn Landlord. 1893|
Loughborough Herald - 12th October 1893
Alfred Sault, licensed victualler, Quorn, was ...... cont.
| The Manor House Pub, Woodhouse Road – then and now|
The Manor House Hotel dates from 1899, shortly after the Great Central Railway station ...... cont.
| Station Road and the White Horse – then and now|
The older photograph was taken in the 1950s and many villagers still remember Dockray’s ...... cont.
| 60 Station Road/The Pig and Whistle Pub - then and now|
The Pig and Whistle was a popular pub in Quorn, especially with the footballers who used ...... cont.
| Quorn Place/ the Bull’s Head/ the Quorndon Fox - then and now|
This substantial property on High Street, Quorn was a family house called Quorn Place and ...... cont.
| Quorn Angling Society|
Loughborough Echo - 11th April 1958
At the first annual meeting of the newly-formed ...... cont.
| The Manor House - 1935|
An advert for the Manor House Hotel from 1935
| Accidents at Quorn - Wood Lane and Leicester Road|
Loughborough Echo - 23rd August 1935
Coming from Leicester on Monday morning at about ...... cont.
| Quorn inn gets a face-lift 1963|
Loughborough Monitor - 13th December 1963
A £15,000 face-lift has this week been ...... cont.
| Quorn Place, High Street, Quorndon, Leicestershire 1886|
Interior of the tea room at Quorn Place, showing the fireplace and furnishings. The ...... cont.