The cottage on the left is now 1 Chaveney Road (Ivy Cottage). The Baptist Church can be seen on the right.
The older photograph was taken in about 1908. It was discovered in The Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland, in a notebook belonging to the Revd Edward Foord-Kelcey who was the Vicar of Quorn for 17 years from 1892 to 1909. The photograph was so faded that it was of little use, but by using modern enhancement techniques it has been possible to bring it back to life quite dramatically. The gentleman on the left is wearing a pocket watch and a uniform. He looks as if he is employed at the Great Central Railway Station.
See also artefact 1666, which provides more of the history of Ivy Cottage and a picture of some of the residents in 1915.
Old photograph supplied by The Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland who retain the copyright. Other information supplied by Sue Templeman