These two embossing presses were found during the 2020 Parish Council office move from the Village Hall to the new location at the Old School.
One has a stamp that reads ‘The seal of the Quorndon Urban District Council’ and an attached makers plate ‘G. Doubble, Manufacturer, 14 Serjeants Inn, Fleet Street’. The other stamp reads ‘Quorndon Village Hall Company Limited’.
Following the 1894 Local Government Act of Parliament the Quorndon Urban District Council was established and existed until it was dissolved under the Local Government Act of 1933. It was replaced by the Quorndon Parish Council in 1936, with some functions being taken over by an expanded Barrow upon Soar Rural District Council.
Quorndon Village Hall opened on 26th October 1889 as a limited company but following financial issues it was handed over to Quorndon Urban District Council in 1912, who administered the Hall until they ceased to exist, after which the Parish Council took on the management.