Quorn historical image   Quorn Village On-line Museum   Quorn historical image

Saturday 13th April 2024  

Museum Home
About our museum
Artefacts by Number
Quorn's location
The name change
Village publications
Information sources
Museum Award
Contact us

Sale catalogue for Four Oaks, 6 Loughborough Road (the vicarage 1945 to 2010)

The house that used to be called Four Oaks, ie 6 Loughborough Road, was built in the early 1900s and was owned and occupied by two unmarried brothers, William Henry Green and his younger brother Charles Tertius Green. After Charles died in November 1944, Four Oaks was put up for sale by auction in March 1945. It was bought by the Church of England as a vicarage to replace the very large, old, draughty vicarage, which stands in what is now part of the Rawlins School campus.

The PDF document below is a copy of the original 1945 sale catalogue, which includes the house, contents and three surrounding plots of land. It is fascinating not only because it is part of Quorn’s history, but also because it details the complete array of furniture and equipment contained in the home of two middle class gentlemen at that time.

Four Oaks remained as a vicarage for 65 years. In 2010 the house and land was sold, with the house being demolished and the site redeveloped.
A photograph of Four Oaks can be seen as part of artefact 1240.

 download PDF This artefact is a PDF document
download in new browser tab
 Submitted on: 2017-08-04
 Submitted by: Sue Templeman
 Artefact ID: 1991
 Artefact URL: www.quornmuseum.com/display.php?id=1991

   Quorn Village On-line Museum
 copyright notice
 search tips
 view latest news
 view latest news
 view latest news
 what's new What's New
See what items have been added recently.
 can you contribute? Can you Contribute?
We need historical material relating to Quorn village.
 filling in the gaps Filling in the gaps
Help us with names, places, locations and years.

 artefact counter

Artefact Counter
How many artefacts does this online museum contain?

 make a donation

Make a donation
Help to secure more museum artefacts and this site's future.

 see our Facebook page