Quorn historical image   Quorn Village On-line Museum

Saturday 15th May 2021  

Sergt. L Green and Miss J Bowler 1944

28th January 1944

The wedding took place at St Bartholomew's Parish Church, Quorn, on Saturday last between Sgt. Leonard Green, who had just returned from Italy after spending two years abroad. He was also at Dunkirk. The bride was Miss Jessie Bowler, daughter of Mr and Mrs L Bowler, Mill House, Quorn. The bridegroom is the son of Mrs and the late Mr A Green, 36 Burleigh Road, Loughborough. The Rev W E Pilling performed the ceremony.

The bride wore a dress of blue crepe with a spray of carnations. The bridesmaids were Miss K Green, who wore rust, and Miss O Bowler who wore clover. The best man was Mr F Green and the reception was held at the Mill House, Quorn.


   
 Submitted on: 2009-10-30
 Submitted by: Kathryn Paterson
 Artefact ID: 554

   Quorn Village On-line Museum
 copyright notice