Quorn historical image   Quorn Village On-line Museum

Saturday 13th April 2024  

Hyde House, Quorn 1758-1841

The Hyde House was halfway between the Forge and the entrance lodge to Quorn House. It was built or bought by John Hyde in 1758. The Hydes left Quorn in 1841 and the house was immediately bought and demolished by E B Farnham.

The building on the left is a tannery, run by the Inglesants, who married into the Hyde family.


   
 Submitted on: 2009-06-26
 Submitted by: Kathryn Paterson
 Artefact ID: 40
 Artefact URL: www.quornmuseum.com/display.php?id=40

   Quorn Village On-line Museum
 copyright notice