Quorn historical image   Quorn Village On-line Museum

Sunday 16th May 2021  

The Manor House Pub, Woodhouse Road then and now

The Manor House Hotel dates from 1899, shortly after the Great Central Railway station opened. The older photograph appears to have been taken between about 1910 and 1915, at which time the owner was James Hartopp, who also owned the Bulls Head Hotel.

99 Chaveney Road, the Towers (on the right) is almost hidden by trees today. When the older photograph was enlarged, it revealed the view of open fields between the Towers and the neighbouring property.

Anthony Cove remembers that a family called Gibbs lived at the Towers in the 1950s and in 1959 it was sold for 5,000.


   
 Submitted on: 2011-05-08
 Submitted by: Sue Templeman
 Artefact ID: 1263

   Quorn Village On-line Museum
 copyright notice