Quorn historical image   Quorn Village On-line Museum

Friday 30th July 2021  

Quorndon Parish Council, monthly meeting April 1963

Loughborough Monitor - 12th April 1963

Quorn Parish Council decided at its monthly meeting to contact the County Council to make some arrangement over more prominent advertising of parking facilities in the village.

Members were concerned over the parking of cars on the village green, and felt motorists should be directed to proper car parking areas more adequately than at present. Following recent flooding in the centre of the village it was felt councillors would benefit by a visit to the reservoir to question the water department engineer on points of concern.

It was heard that the trustees of the old Men's Institute had offered the Council the old honours board from the institute building. Members wondered if this could be renovated and placed in the village hall to become a roll of honour of council chairmen.

An estimate described as "favourable" was received from contractors for the erection of bus shelters in Quorn.

The estates committee reported plans were being prepared to improve the village hall amenities and appearance.

It was noted that letters had been sent to the appropriate authorities regarding the request at the annual parish meeting for a meeting between the county council, the education department, and residents of unadopted roads in Quorn. It was hinted that a temporary suspension of negotiations regarding a proposed school would be necessary pending the outcome of such a meeting.

A member suggested that the parish church clock should be illuminated…"This has been done at Bunny, why not then at Quorn?" The suggestion was not pursued at the meeting.

   
 Submitted on: 2011-04-14
 Submitted by: Kathryn Paterson
 Artefact ID: 1228

   Quorn Village On-line Museum
 copyright notice