In 2010 Quorn had seven pubs, but a greater
number existed in previous years. This section includes historical
descriptions, photographs and illustrations of existing pubs and also
buildings which have disappeared (King William IV) or are now used
for other purposes (Pig and Whistle).
Total: 144 artefacts returned over 6 pages
| Royal Oak, Quorn in the floods, early 1930s|
This photograph was taken in the floods at Quorn Cross/Meeting Street, by the Royal Oak ...... cont.
| High Street, Quorn in the 1950s|
Two photographs of High Street, Quorn, looking towards Quorn Cross, in the 1950s, showing ...... cont.
| Deer roaming around the White Horse in Quorn! 1988|
During road works near the White Horse pub in Quorn in 1988, ancient deer bones were ...... cont.
| Leicester City Football Club at Quorn – well nearly!|
Leicester City Football Club were formed in 1884 and were initially known as Leicester ...... cont.
| Floods around the White Horse pub, Quorn, 1986|
The first photograph was taken during the floods of 1986, looking up Meeting Street, ...... cont.
| Floods on Station Road, probably 1947|
The gabled building behind the lorry is the White Horse pub, on the corner of Station ...... cont.
| Quorn Cross, late 1930s|
Quorn Cross looking towards the Loughborough direction, showing the Royal Oak on the left ...... cont.
| The White Horse, Quorn – A surprise visitor in March 1982!|
A lorry from Bakewell in Derbyshire, made an unscheduled stop at the White Horse in Quorn ...... cont.
| The Royal Oak, Quorn Cross|
The Royal Oak pub is a familiar landmark on Quorn Cross. This photograph is difficult to ...... cont.
| The White Horse, Quorn Cross, early 1940s|
This photograph from the late 1930s or early 1940s, shows Quorn Cross with the White ...... cont.
| Quorn Cross, the Royal Oak and the White Horse, early 1940s|
This photograph from the late 1930s or early 1940s, is taken from Quorn Cross, looking up ...... cont.
| Presentation at the White Horse to Mr and Mrs Hincks|
Mr and Mrs Hincks were the landlord and landlady of the White Horse pub in the 1940s and ...... cont.
| The Chequers Inn, 1980s|
The Chequers Inn, formally the Hurst, on Loughborough Road in Quorn, used to be a lively ...... cont.
| Manor House Hotel, early 1900s|
The photograph for this postcard was taken in the early 1900s. Unfortunately this scan is ...... cont.
| Quorn Charities Darts League – programme 6th June 1980|
The various pubs and clubs in Quorn had many darts players and they played in the Quorn ...... cont.
| Blacksmith’s Arms, Quorn|
This photograph was taken from a Christmas card sent by Harold & Pat Cox, the landlords ...... cont.
| Quorn Publican found drowned - 1926|
Loughborough Echo - 24th December 1926
Quorn Publican found drowned.
A woman ...... cont.
| Quorn Charities Darts - Beardsley new gift. 1963|
Loughborough Monitor - 25th January 1963
The officials of the Quorn Charities Darts ...... cont.
| Quorn High Street - The White Hart and Banks cottages|
This photograph is taken looking down High Street towards Quorn Cross in the 1960s. The ...... cont.
| Mill House Inn, Leicester Road during floods in the 1920s|
The Mill House Inn used to be on Leicester Road, abutting what are now Wright's factory ...... cont.
| Bull's Head - 1955|
This attractive view of the Bull's Head (now the Quorndon Fox) comes from the Leicester ...... cont.
| The Hurst - 1975|
The Hurst (now the Chequers chinese restaurant) was a popular haunt for young people in ...... cont.
| Leicester Road, King William IVth/Quorn Country Hotel - then and now|
The King William IVth pub on Leicester Road was one of the oldest pubs in Quorn. The ...... cont.
| Matchbox from the Pig and Whistle Pub|
The Pig and Whistle was a pub on Station Road in Quorn. It is now a residential house (no ...... cont.
| Quorn Angling Society - 1872|
Loughborough Advertiser - 24th October 1872
A special meeting of the members of this ...... cont.