A number of articles have been written specifically for this museum website. Others have been donated by villagers or have been transcribed from historical accounts. All features and articles are detailed below.
Note that in some cases the document formatting relates to a printable version, so some pages may appear transposed.
Total: 39 artefacts returned
| Alfred Charles Morrison of Quorn - Pioneer of the electric milk float|
A fascinating article about Alfred Morrison, a former village resident, who was an ...... cont.
| Raven Cottage, 31 Meeting Street, Quorn – House deeds/timeline|
Property deeds are a valuable source of local history information, but since land ...... cont.
| A history of Quorn Baptist Church|
This booklet detailing the history of Quorn Baptist Church was written by Wilfred Mee and ...... cont.
| Quorn Camp, Wood Lane|
Quorn Camp was situated off Wood Lane, on land belonging to Quorn House, which used to be ...... cont.
| Quorn toilet dispute! 1961|
The British Film Institute Player website includes a 1 ½ minute clip of film made in ...... cont.
| Quorn meat substitute and our village – a connection or not?|
One question that people often ask is whether there is a connection between the name of ...... cont.
| Quorn sampler, Elizabeth Winsley Power 1853|
Whilst we may think that many girls and young women made samplers in the 18th and 19th ...... cont.
| WW2, Quorn Camp, off Wood Lane – TV Programme!|
On Wednesday and Thursday, 28th and 29th June 2017, the cameras rolled into Quorn to film ...... cont.
| Churches, chapels and changing times in Quorn|
This article appeared in The Quorndon magazine in Winter 2016. Philip Thornborow, who is ...... cont.
| William Harris Inglesant, Quorn, died 1912 aged 101|
This article about the life of William Harris Inglesant appeared in the Quorndon Magazine ...... cont.
| Hidden heroes, Frank Hearn – a story of one man’s WW2|
Frank Hearn from Barrow Road in Quorn, was in the 64th Medium Regiment Royal Artillery ...... cont.
| Wood Lane – Lost cottages|
Some cottages that once stood on Wood Lane have been either demolished or totally ...... cont.
| Quorn in WW2 – The girls who listened|
Beaumanor Hall at Old Woodhouse was one of the largest Y stations, or listening stations ...... cont.
| 1834 letter from Ann Carter, Quorn, to the Mayor of New York|
In 2015 a letter came up for sale which was written in 1834 by 43 year old Ann Carter ...... cont.
| A History of 27 Meeting Street, Quorn|
27 Meeting Street is one of the oldest properties in Quorn, and a shorter version of this ...... cont.
| Vena Grain, 1895 to 1989. Oral history interview from 1985|
Vena Grain was born in Leicester on 21st February 1895, and the family moved to Quorn in ...... cont.
| The Farnham Monuments: Myths, Legends and Family Fables|
This research was carried out by Moira Ackers from Loughborough, and published by The ...... cont.
| Sampler – Rosanna Goulding, Quorndon, 1884|
This article appeared in the spring edition of The Quorndon magazine in 2015. It tells ...... cont.
| Burton's newsagents, 1936, 25 High Street, Quorn|
This article about Burton's newsagents on High Street, appeared in the Quorndon Magazine ...... cont.
| The Children of the Village Hall|
On the 29th June 1889 four children laid memorial foundation stones at the Village Hall. ...... cont.
| Evacuated to Quorn during WW2 – one boy’s story|
Barry Bradley from London got in touch with Quorn On-line Museum early in 2012. He was ...... cont.
| Quorn's Fetes and Fairs, 1960s and 1970s - a photo album|
Jack and Phyllis Field were very well known in the village and involved in many aspects ...... cont.
| The Banks Cottages, High Street, Quorn|
This article about the Banks Cottages on High Street,appeared in the Quorndon Magazine in ...... cont.
| A Brief History of the Great Central Railway at Quorn|
The photograph below was taken on Quorn Station in 1959.
The engine standing in the ...... cont.
| Memories of St Bartholomew’s Primary School, 1958 to 1964|
These memories of St Bartholomew’s Primary School were kindly written for the museum by ...... cont.
| The sad story of George and Emma Cummins, Quorn 1898|
The information for this story was provided by Andrew Cummins from Suffolk. His great ...... cont.
| Hubert Woodward Looks Back|
Leicester Graphic 1973
This fascinating article appeared in the Leicester Graphic ...... cont.
| Quorn Court - article from 1953|
4th December 1953 – Loughborough Monitor
Quorn Court – stately home of Col. W.S.N. ...... cont.
| 1946 Picture Post Article - Quorn Rawlins School Trip to the North of Scotland|
This article was written by Fyfe Robertson and appeared in Picture Post Magazine 8th June ...... cont.
| Rex Bloore - Business boom after trial in village shop|
Loughborough Monitor - 16th April 1971
Seven years ago a man called Rex Bloore had an ...... cont.
| The Farnham Family Tree|
The Farnhams came to Quorn in 1243 and despite leaving Quorn House in the 1990s, still ...... cont.
| The Farnham Chapel - Leaflet|
The Farnham Chapel is a rarity as it is one of the few remaining private chapels within a ...... cont.
| St Bartholomew's Church - Leaflet|
This leaflet was written by Sue Templeman to provide a guided tour around the inside of ...... cont.
| The Riley, Seal and Rumsey Families in Quorn|
The chance acquisition of a postcard and a bit of detective work, led to the writing of ...... cont.
| Postcards - Their Place in Quorn's Local History|
This article was written by Sue Templeman. It outlines the history of postcards in Quorn ...... cont.
| Royal Artillery Quorn 1939-1945|
Winter Training 1940. Extracted from 'The History of the 3rd Medium Regiment Royal ...... cont.
| A history of Quorn Baptist Church|
This transcription of a 1960 pamphlet by Mr Wilfred Mee, foreword by Pastor Cooper, has ...... cont.
| The Home Farm of the Nether Hall|
Submitted by Kate Hutchinson
Story written in 1991
The old stone farm house still ...... cont.
| The Shuttlewood Story|
William Shuttlewood and his Family - Quorn Photographer 1905 to 1910.
William ...... cont.