Quorn Maps and Aerial Views
We have a number of maps, plans and aerial views of the village. In many of these it's interesting to note how the village has changed over the years, with buildings having been demolished, in particular the mills and associated buildings surrounding the centre of the village. In other areas the village has changed and expanded as land and property has been bought and sold, often by the aristocracy selling large holdings which have then been bought as much smaller areas by local people.
Total: 41 artefacts returned over 2 pages
| Estate of Revd John Prior of Quorn, 1831|
This plan was drawn up in 1831 to record the landholdings of the Revd John Prior from ...... cont.
| Warwick Avenue, Quorn|
Warwick Avenue came into being in 1934, when Gambles, the builders, were building the ...... cont.
| Aerial view of Wright's factory and surrounding area - approx 1952|
This aerial photograph was taken in the early 1950s, as evidenced by the size of the lime ...... cont.
| 1864 Map of Quorn|
The first Ordnance Survey maps which covered Quorn were produced in the 1880s. Prior to ...... cont.
| 1816 Map of Quorn|
This rare map of early Quorn was extracted from a much larger map, which was commissioned ...... cont.
| 1815 Map of Quorn|
Before the first Ordnance Survey maps, (1880s for Quorn), maps were only made privately ...... cont.
| Rawlins School, Quorn, aerial view, post 1938|
This postcard must date from after 1938 as the Farnham Hall (old gym) is indicated as ...... cont.
| View over Wright’s factory from the Church tower – then and now|
These photographs were taken from the top of the Church tower, looking towards Wright’s ...... cont.
| View over Nursery Lane from the Church tower – then and now|
These photographs were taken from the top of the Church tower, looking towards Nursery ...... cont.
| View over Church Lane from the Church tower – then and now|
These photographs were taken from the top of the Church tower, looking towards Church ...... cont.
| View over Rawlins School from the Church tower – then and now|
These photographs were taken from the top of the Church tower, looking towards Rawlins ...... cont.
| Aerial view of Barrow Road and Howlett's Bus Station|
Howlett's Bus Company was founded in Quorn by George Howlett in the early 1920s. The ...... cont.
| Aerial view of Stafford Orchard c1950|
A somewhat fuzzy but interesting view of Stafford Orchard before development. Note the ...... cont.
| Proposed housing development next to the Churchyard|
The date of this plan is not certain, but it would appear that at some point there was a ...... cont.
| Prior’s Map 1779|
John Prior was born in 1729 in Swithland, son of the steward of Sir John Danvers of ...... cont.
| Quorn, Mountsorrel, Rothley Bypass Options|
This document was used to set out the two options for the Quorn, Mountsorrel, Rothley ...... cont.
| Map of Quorn, 1950s|
This map was originally 2.5 inches to the mile. The team only had a portion of it, so ...... cont.
| 1921 Map|
Portion of map showing the centre of the village.
| Quorndon Map, North Field, 1752|
A pre Enclosure Act map of Quorndon, The North Field (or Moor Field), in 1752. Area ...... cont.
| Quorndon Map, West Field, 1752|
A pre Enclosure Act map of Quorndon, The West Field, in 1752. Area stated as 334 acres.
| Quorndon Map, South Field, 1752|
A pre Enclosure Act map of Quorndon, The South Field, in 1752. Area stated as 457 acres.
| Aerial View c1950|
The open area lower-right is now the Sanders Road area. The Stafford Orchard can be seen ...... cont.
| Aerial photograph of Wright's Mill|
Much has changed since this image was taken, although much also remains. Many of the ...... cont.
| Camm Map 1838|
Drawn by Mr Joseph Camm and presented by his son James Camm in 1908.
Joseph Camm was ...... cont.
| Mountsorrel Quarry - then and now 1972 and 1995|
An aerial view of what was Buddon Wood, now mostly removed by quarrying activities ...... cont.