Filling in the gaps - we need your help
Some museum artefacts have information missing. In some cases we are confident that a photo is of Quorn or is related to Quorn, but we cannot locate the village area or buildings, or perhaps people in the photo are unknown.
Local knowledge required
As you view the collection, artefacts with missing information will be highlighted, and we also list them below. If you can contribute information about any of these items, please contact us.
Total: 295 artefacts returned over 12 pages
| Quorn Cricket Club – taken between 1900 and 1910|
This rare picture of Quorn Cricket Club is thought to have been taken between 1900 and ...... cont.
| Churches, chapels and changing times in Quorn|
This article appeared in The Quorndon magazine in Winter 2016. Philip Thornborow, who is ...... cont.
| W E Cooke - A Cottage Yard at Quorn|
This picture, 'A Cottage Yard at Quorn', was by Quorn artist W E Cooke and appeared in ...... cont.
| W E Cooke - A cottage at Quorn|
This picture was by Quorn artist W E Cooke and appeared on the title page of his first ...... cont.
| Quorn United S. S. Football Club 1922/23|
Taken in 1923, this extremely clear photograph shows Quorn United Sunday School Football ...... cont.
| Enjoying the sunshine! Quorn 1920s|
This photograph was taken on the Greens at Barrow, which is within the parish of Quorn, ...... cont.
| St Bartholomew’s Primary School football team, about 1955|
When St Bartholomew’s Primary School was located on School Lane, they did not have their ...... cont.
| St Bartholomew’s Primary School, summer 1951|
Back row, left to right: ?, ?, ?, John Commons, ?, Roger Sutton, Valerie Dowding, ...... cont.
| St Barts Primary School football team, 1957-58|
St Bartholomew’s Primary School under 11s football team, 1957-58 – Cup and league ...... cont.
| Soar Valley News, April 1977|
The Soar Valley News was a four page, black and white community newspaper/newsletter type ...... cont.
| St Barts Primary School football team, 1953-54|
St Bartholomew’s Primary School football team, 1953-54
Back row, left to right: Jack ...... cont.
| St Barts Primary School football team, 1954-55|
Back row, left to right: Jack Briers (headmaster), ? Holders, Chris Sharp, Keith Perkins, ...... cont.
| A Quorn boxer, managed by Tiger Allen, 1930s|
This unusual studio photograph shows a boxer with the initials TS. The reverse of the ...... cont.
| The Royal Oak, Quorn Cross|
The Royal Oak pub is a familiar landmark on Quorn Cross. This photograph is difficult to ...... cont.
| The White Horse, Quorn – A surprise visitor in March 1982!|
A lorry from Bakewell in Derbyshire, made an unscheduled stop at the White Horse in Quorn ...... cont.
| 1834 letter from Ann Carter, Quorn, to the Mayor of New York|
In 2015 a letter came up for sale which was written in 1834 by 43 year old Ann Carter ...... cont.
| Quorn Mills Bowls Club, post 1931|
This photograph of Quorn Mills Bowls Club has been sent to the museum team by Pam ...... cont.
| A History of 27 Meeting Street, Quorn|
27 Meeting Street is one of the oldest properties in Quorn, and this article about the ...... cont.
| Vena Grain, 1895 to 1989. Oral history interview from 1985|
Vena Grain was born in Leicester on 21st February 1895, and the family moved to Quorn in ...... cont.
| A brief history of Soar House, Soar Road, Quorn|
Soar House is situated on Soar Road in Quorn. Many of the large houses in the village ...... cont.
| Press Cutting, 6th May 1955 - Quorn Bowlers Open the Season|
The first wood of the new season is sent down on a Quorn green. The scene is Quorn Mills ...... cont.
| Elms Drive, Quorn – then and now|
This rare postcard is a is a view down Elms Drive from Cradock Drive, looking towards ...... cont.
| Quorn National School - Infants, 1890s|
Miss Isabella Corlett (on the right) first came to teach Quorn infants in 1865, when ...... cont.
| Pillings Lock, Quorn|
Pillings Lock is in the Parish of Quorn, to the north-east of the village itself, and is ...... cont.
| Quorn photograph taken between 1905 and 1910|
This photograph was taken by William Shuttlewood in Quorn between 1905 and 1910. ...... cont.