This is a very early photograph of the King William the Fourth Pub. The pub stood at the front of the Quorn Country Hotel, just to the right of the house next to the village hall.
The pub was run by four generations of the Kinch family. The licence shows the obligations on Thomas Kinch in 1886. The building had been adapted over several centuries and roofing showed Norfolk reed thatch as well as Swithland slates. The interior contained several unusual features including a bedroom with a fireplace having a chimney one brick wide. The building passed to F A Stenson in 1933, and in 1956 it was demolished.
During the Secord World War it became a favourite meeting place of the American Airborne Division. At that time it was owned by Alderman F A Stenson who had his tables and chairs outside for the Americans to drink in the open air.