Hugo Meynell bought Quorn Hall in 1753 from Justinian Raynesford and became the second Master of the Quorn Hunt.
He entertained on a lavish scale. At the opening of the season in 1791, a gathering of 300 horses and ladies in carriages attended Meynell to cover near Stanford. Of these the Duchess of Rutland, the Earl and Countess of Essex, the Marchioness of Salisbury, the Earl of Stair, Lord Malden, Lord Paget and Lord Winchelsea stayed at Quorn Hall for ten days during which time the choicest viands and fruits were brought from London to enrich the tables.
In 1798, Hugo Meynell relinquished the mastership of the Quorn and his occupancy of Quorn Hall, handing both over to his son, Hugo Meynell, junior, who two years later, died from the effects of a fall in the hunting field.