Quorn historical image   Quorn Village On-line Museum

Sunday 7th March 2021  

Medicine bottle from Green's chemist, Quorn

This medicine bottle came from Green's chemist on High Street, which was situated where James Alvey the hairdresser is today (2021), at 20 High Street; although it was then number 18. William Sydney Green took over the chemistís shop from Benjamin Raymond Lewis around 1920.

The bottle, thought to date from the 1930s, has W S Green embossed into the glass and down the sides it is marked with one tablespoon and two tablespoon marks.

William and his wife Annie lived above the chemistís shop until the late 1930s, when they moved to 8 Loughborough Road. They remained there until they died in 1971 and 1980 respectively.


   
 Submitted on: 2021-02-15
 Submitted by: Sue Templeman
 Artefact ID: 2435

   Quorn Village On-line Museum
 copyright notice