Quorn historical image   Quorn Village On-line Museum

Sunday 12th July 2020  

Brook House pre 1963

A very old house which was once the home of the Parnham family. An inscription on one of the walls dated the house to 1747 but an earlier building stood on the site prior to 1679. It housed Belgian refugees during the First World War and evacuees during the Second World War. It was demolished in 1963 and Hall Leys was built on the site.


   
 Submitted on: 2009-07-13
 Submitted by: Mrs Edwards
 Artefact ID: 206

   Quorn Village On-line Museum
 copyright notice