Quorn historical image   Quorn Village On-line Museum

Saturday 7th December 2019  

Soar Road then and now

The older photograph was taken in the early 1900s, the middle one in the early 1980s and the most recent one in 2011.

The bridge next to Santa Maria Lodge was built in the late 1890s so that the hounds could be exercised in the fields over the river.

The view of the river has now disappeared behind the flood prevention wall and the bridge is closed as unsafe.


   
 Submitted on: 2011-05-08
 Submitted by: Sue Templeman. 1980s photograph supplied by Steve Iley
 Artefact ID: 1259

   Quorn Village On-line Museum
 copyright notice