Quorn historical image   Quorn Village On-line Museum

Saturday 19th October 2019  

Russ Dairies

Russ’s dairy was the larger of two dairies based in the village around the time of the Second World War. The family lived at 11 Nursery Lane and the dairy was situated at the rear of the property. This has now been converted into a separate dwelling, reached from Disraeli Street, and is appropriately called ‘Dairy Cottage’.

Eddie Russ was a popular figure in the village and was a familiar sight with his horse and float. He served on the Parish Council for many years.

The milk bottle dates from the 1940s or 1950s.


   
 Submitted on: 2011-04-17
 Submitted by: Sue Templeman
 Artefact ID: 1231

   Quorn Village On-line Museum
 copyright notice