Quorn historical image   Quorn Village On-line Museum

Sunday 12th July 2020  

Meynell Road – then and now

These cottages were built for hunt workers on Meynell Road by the Warner family of Quorn Hall. The house nearest the left of the picture is ‘The Lodge’. Santa Maria Lodge (which also used to belong to Quorn Hall), can be seen on the far right where Meynell road turns into Soar Road. These references are modern street names and varied in the 1800s and early 1900s.
The street scene from this angle, has changed surprisingly little between the Edwardian photograph and today (2011). Even the canopies over the front doors have survived.


   
 Submitted on: 2011-03-05
 Submitted by: Submitted by Sue Templeman
 Artefact ID: 1217

   Quorn Village On-line Museum
 copyright notice